Supplying a Logical (and Profitable) Solution to
a Complex Problem
What's the Problem?
It’s this: At the moment there’s no solution that will allow the further treatment and use of potentially valuable manure in a way that’s both economically and ecologically feasible. Conventional methods often suffer from disadvantages such as odour environmental pollution , high energy consumption and low efficiency of the process .
The newly developed agriKomp process is designed fundamentally different ; the main focus is on the following points:
An increase in the dry matter content (TS) as a result of fermentation in the biogas plants
Capture of the ammonia produced in the fermentation product by means of a membrane in the nanometer range to minimize emissions
The agriKomp process treats the digestates of a biogas plant to such a degree that a usable, highly concentrated fertiliser is produced. This is achieved by extracting the maximum water content possible from the digestate using waste heat from the CHPS. This waste heat is not completely utilised by many other biogas plants at present. The digestates produced by our process can be concentrated and hermetically sealed with no dust or smell able to escape.
The advantages of this procedure are
The concentrated digestate has a considerably smaller volume, resulting in:
- Lower investment in digestate storage
- Fewer trips to spread digestive on your fields
- Lower fuel consumption
- Lower transport costs
- Less traffic
- Happier local residents now facing less traffic and no unwanted odour! This is an important argument in favour of Biogas technology
By converting the volatile ammonia contained in the digestate into the stable ammonium sulphate, ammonia emission is almost entirely prevented.
- Ability to fertilise using high-quality (depot) mineral fertiliser in the form of ammonium sulphate solution
- No loss of nitrogen: volatile ammonia nitrogen is converted into stable ammonium sulphate
- No odour nuisance for residents
- No need to purchase additional nitrogen fertiliser
- Increase efficiency using the CHPS waste heat
Increased utilisation of the waste heat from co-generation.